Stress!!!!

For those of you who are home owners do you think it was more stressful to buy a home, get married or having a baby???? We are in the process of buying our first home we were supposed to close tomorrow but the appraiser is requiring we paint before he will sign off. Realtor helped find contractor and was supposed to be done last week long story short we fired that contractor and are hoping/praying for a break in the rainy weather to paint this week. Have to be out of our current home on the 14th of next month. UGH!!!! I hate not being able to control what is going on...

tanjonmom

Asked by tanjonmom at 2:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Owning a home. There is too much crap that can go wrong and needs to be fixed. I would have never done it if I had realized that the up keep was going to kill us. I can't wait to see it and rent again.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• we started a business while pregnant with #2. that was my most stressful situation. mainly because so much was out of my control! because of that stress our baby was born 2 months early, and stayed 26 days in the nicu. now, i have a new outlook on life...i only try to control the things that i can, and trust dh and the good lord to handle everything else!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• The appraiser is requiring YOU to paint a home that you haven't even bought yet? That is very odd. Usually the sellers would be the ones required to do all the fixing, and what does paint have to do with the value of a home? I'd get another appraiser. Appraisals should be based on the structural function of the home, not cosmetics.

The most stressful thing for me was trying to sell our home. Having 4 kids, being very pregnant with the 5th, having a purchase agreement signed for another home, then having sale after sale fall through because of financing problems with the potential buyers was enough to put me on bed rest and take my home off the market.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• being married and owning a home, because the person I am married to wont do repairs....ahhh!
    I agree with michigan mom........The buyers should do the negotiating and the sellers/owners do all the repairs. I hope it all works out for you mama.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010