Would you accept a VAT tax?

I think by next year this will be introduced as Obama just has to many projects that will cost money and he knows the Republicans will not let him off the(Paygo)hook. We can hope that by then the Republicans can stop it but I think Obamas Economic panel will tell him it's the only way we can lower the defecit.
Do you see that that could add 15,20 or 25% to everything you buy? Wouldn't that be Obama taxing the middle class and hurt unemployment even more?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep - I definately see this coming.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yup i see it coming, i thought obama was for the middle and low class but so far those classes are really the only ones he is really screwing
    Anonymous

• It's funny you think that just Obama and Democrats are spending. It's even funnier that you think Republicans will stop it. They're all politicians at the end of the day. That little D or R next to their name doesn't make a whole lot of difference when it comes to accountability and spending.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Did you see any R's who voted for this health bill? NOPE It's all on Obama and the dems.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I see it coming and it will be a disaster!

I used to import Polish Pottery from Poland, I even had my own shop. When they added the VAT it was a mess..and it was only 7%.....however, it didn't just increase the cost of the pottery. It was more like a 20% in cost.

We the people will absorb this via increased products costs and job/salary loss as companies try to compensate for it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• mommy_lisa you are right up to a point. This congress/administration is the biggest spender in the history of the country. But, no party is immune. That is why WE all must work together to root out the irresponsible spenders. I don't care if they have an R or a D after their name, they should go. I don't care if their replacements have an R, D, I, L or TP after their name either.....I just want them to be responsible spenders.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I think by next year this will be introduced

Link Please.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 4:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Hell no! The "value added tax" adds taxes to each stage of the production process and is passed on the consumer in the way of higher prices. Say you have a tree which is cut and sent to the mill. It is taxed as a tree; it is taxed as a board; it is taxed as a treated board; it is then taxed as part of a wall; it is taxed as a house (or shed or furniture or anything the board is used for). One tree but 5 taxes on it. No thank you. France had the vat tax. They are doing away with it because it helped wreck their economy. France is in Europe. Don't we want to do whatever Europe does?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I paid a VAT when I lived overseas. Didn't bother me then, wouldn't bother me now.
    Anonymous

• i can agree with that yourspecialkid.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010