Would you buy a Toyota?

Would you buy a Toyota right now? If not, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes, i like the 4 runners...lol..i'd be more hesitant on the ones that they know for a fact have problems..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• only if i had a death wish, they hide this problem for so long and a lot of people were killed and they didnt tell the public soon enough so i dont trust them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i just bought one. i love my car. all the recalls have been fixed on the cars on the lot.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• YESSSSS I am looking very seriously at a 4 Runner. I'm a little bummed that they are not offerring discounts but I hope to have one by summer. We have 3 Toyota trucks in the family too.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Bought one before (a PRIUS even) and still love it. Mommy_of_two388, have you happened to miss all the other vehicle problems over time where the company did NOT recall the vehicles because they figured it be cheaper to just pay the people who sued them in a settlement? Like Ford did with the Pinto and it's exploding gas tank?
    Anonymous

• sure. they are such good cars. i wish i had bought the rav4 instead of my honda crv. oh well couldnt afford it then. not in the market right now for a car but toyota would be a good choice because you can NEVER get a deal on one and now you might be able to do it. it isnt like ford who tried to hide the mistake and blame the tire company. they owned up to the problem and fixed/recalled all the cars with issues.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I wouldnt but that is just because I have a certain vehicle in mind that I want and its not a toyota.......

but I had to say....Have you seen the commercial for toyotas now lol...i think its so funny...it has like 2 people saying they still like toyotas and thats the whole commercial lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• As an employee of the largest Global Distributor of Toyota's of course. Oh wait, I actually just did buy a Toyota, I bought a new Highlander this weekend :-D.

For those of you who said no that is fine, a car is a very big and personal decision, but please know the facts of the recalls prior to basing a decision off of that. Any car that is being sold by Toyota has been inspected and repaired. Quality is of the utmost important to our brand and we want to make sure our customers are safe. If you have any questions in regards to the recall feel free to contact me.

Oh and for the Toyota owners, thank you for buying Toyota.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 3:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• No, but only because the Toyota dealerships nearest me treat their female customers HORRIBLY. Any issues I had with my Sienna were "my problem" and they couldn't duplicate them, but my husband would go out and promptly duplicate the issue and then HE'D take the van in and they'd fix it no problem. The last time was the LAST time and it got traded in on a GMC Acadia where the last issue it had that I had to deal with.....they fixed without implying it was all in my head.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yes, I love my Lexus!
    Anonymous