do you believe that if a kid acts bad, you do the same thing back to him

So I take care of a little boy who is the same age as my son ( both are 2) ...and now they are both in the stage of "being mean" to each other... they bite , smack, push, ...and I feel like I have tried everything to get them to quit.... almost everyone I talked to about it has said to just let the other kid do it back to the other one ( like if one pushes the other, I should let the one who got pushed, push the other one back) .....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't agree with that.
    Its rough, especially dealing with more than one at once of the same age.
    I've worked in a daycare as well as running my own babysitting service at my home now.
    What works best for me is to divert thier attention to something else. If the behavior is persistant and is hurting another child, picking the child up and placing him/her in time out for a few moments works well. Persistance and consistancy is the key to eventually getting them to learn to stop the indesirable behavior.
    Sounds easier said than done, I know. But over time, it really does work. And when all else fails, turn on Barney, sit between the two on the floor and sing along with them with the show,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2010