furniture smells like dog...ugghh

what can i do to get my furniture to smell not like my dog?..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pets

• On a dry day (you don't want to do this on a damp day), sprinkle your couch with baking soda...ALL OVER. Leave it sit for 24 hours. Vacume it up really well. Repeat as necessary.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You can call the carpet cleaning company, and they can for sure do furniture. I don't think it should be much, $30 for the couch, etc.

It's well worth it to have it professionally cleaned, I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself because the soaps you can buy and that they sell with the carpet cleaning supplies is liquid, and it stays in the fabric. The carpet cleaners use a powdered soap designed to dry when the water dries, and puff out like dust.

Once you have the furniture cleaned, take a garden sprayer water bottle, put half water, half brown mouthwash. Mouthwash kills 99.9% of germs, and the water will dilute it enough to make it last longer. Hose the furniture down when you go to bed, the next morning, vaccuum out any hair you can see, if you need, take a lint roller to it. Once it's been cleaned, and hosed down once, you ought to be able to use the spray as a refresher and germicide!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• FEBREEZE!!!! That stuff is my best friend. They make a pet odor formula, but I prefer to use the anti-microbrial one.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 12:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• " GREEN MACHINE " BY BISSELL !!! LOVE IT... little hand held bissell , is the best you can steam clean any and all with it sucks up the dirt and the smell is gone, let dry full day and then.....spray febreeze. hope that helps... pets ROCK !!! ; )

sexeykittycalie

Answer by sexeykittycalie at 2:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2010