I'm on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and now I'm blowing blood clots out of my nose?!

This is my first sinus infection , and I really hope its the last one I ever get! It has been horrible. I'm on th eZ-Pac of antibiotic, the one that you take for 6 days. I'll be taking the last pill tonight.
I'm still coughing and hacking and blowing my nose nonstop. Yesturday I coughed so much I puked.
Today I blew my nose and now I'm getting a nose bleed with huge blood clots..I almost fear I'm blowing out part of my brain! LOL. I know I'm really not, but it is really gross.
Does this mean it is just clearing up or do you think it is getting worse?
Experienced sinus infection people:HELP!! LOL
Thankyou!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• Thats normal. My husband knows he has an infection when he has blood in his mucus. The antibiotic should help within 2 or 3 days so if you don't feel better in a few days call the Doc back.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It's normal. Use a saline spray to clean your nasal passages. If you are not taking a decongestant, get some Sudafed or store brand. The original that's behind the counter, not the PE version. Gargle with warm salt water. Lock yourself in the bathroom with a hot shower going. The steam will really help break it all up.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010