Can you do sit ups or any belly workouts while being 8 weeks pregnant?

I need to tighten up my belly muscles. is it too late? This is my second pregnancy my first born is just 1 year and 3 months old, and I know that when your belly muscles are tight the belly will be smaller. Maybe not situps but what about standin posistion workout for the belly?

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why do you need to tighten your stomach muscles? Your about to go all out anyways in the next few weeks.
    You can do yoga but you aren't supposed to do ab workouts pregnant. WOrk out AFTER baby
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• as your uterus expands, those abdominal muscles will need to separate. you could tear muscles by trying to work them together while they need to be apart. i agree w/ pp. work your abs after your baby is born.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• im with Mrs.Owen86.. why would you want to do that now? do it after your baby is born..
    lyz826

Answer by lyz826 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yes you can and actually my doctor said that ab and back work outs were going to help during labor
    and when your belly starts to get in the way maybe switch to yoga...trust me such a relief for my back and my active labor
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I wanted to get them tight so that they can hold my belly in but I just wanted to know If its too late then I guess Ill just wait, but I know that girls that have a tight belly before there pregnant have smaller bellys cuz the muscle holds the baby in. I barely have muscles in my stomach since it wasnt that long ago that i had my first baby. I guess my belly is gonna go all out now, I just wanted to prevent that but now its too late. Ill love my belly and my baby either way it comes out =)
    Cristy-1208

Answer by Cristy-1208 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I weight lifted and did stomach crunchs with 50 lbs on me and I still got huge. I was 32 weeks and I was very fit. I still blew up like a balloon.

Genevieve | pregnant 32 weeks with elijah hmm am i bigger now? lol  | ♥Mommy and Wife♥

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Ok that's NOT very big! I was that size at 20 wks with my first! lol

I would just do whats called "weght loss" yoga. with sit ups you have to do 100 everyday for 7 yrs just to loss a pound (not that that's what your doing but still).
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• For me YES that was HUGE.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2010