recipes for chicken & turkey

Hi, i recently started my 8 mo. old on meat. I tried gerber turkey and she was ok w/it but it smelled aweful :) i tried to make my own - i boiled a turkey cutlet until cooked, then put it in a food processor w/some broth. It came out ok, but i could still see very fine pieces of turkey in it. She didnt like it and started to gag! The turkey was cut so small though...any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I did chicken, han or ground beef. I didn't use a liquid with it. It had an almost powder consistency...my son was ok with it. I mixed the powder into soft veggies. Like sweet potato...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I used a grinder for baby food, but this has been a while ago. You put the food in the top, put the cover on, and turned the crank, and the food came out very finely chopped. I don't know if something like this would help your turkey bit problem.

Answer by Bmat at 2:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Starting at about 7 months I started giving my dh little bits of meat. I just give her pieces of what I'm eating. I give her small pieces of oven cooked chicken breast or bits of cooked ground beef. I break off a soft piece, about the size of a pea, squish it between my fingers and then put it in her mouth. Then I put several little pieces on her tray and let her feed herself.
    She is now 9 mos and enjoys meatloaf and the chicken out of homemade chicken enchiladas!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010