is it contagious???!!!

So me and my 9 month old daughter went to my cousins sons first b-day party. A relative was holding my daughter and playing with her. Come to find out he has MRSA(staff infection). Should i be worried she could have cought something? She has a 9 month check up in 2 days but i'm freaking out about this!

faithm127

Asked by faithm127 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it's contagious!

http://mrsacontagious.com/

http://www.ehow.com/about_5512712_mrsa-contagious.html

Just to show you a few...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yes, Father God I ask that you please watch over her baby and anyone else that has come in contact with the relative. Amen!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I thought it's only contagious if you have an open wound.
    Anonymous

• If your doctor's appointment is in two days, ask them then. Tell them the situation. Babies have a really good immune system, you will probably be ok.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Medihoney cures MRSA staph. Two of my sons had MRSA while playing college football, both got it through injuries. The first son that got MRSA suffered for 11 months before we found Medihoney. When my second son got hurt, after surgery we put Medihoney in the open wounds. He missed one week of football. The infectious disease doctor now treats all MRSA patients with MediHoney.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it is contagious. I'd give the doctor a call and find out what you should do, come in or wait till the appointment or what. Hope you guys didn't catch it! :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i would make sure to tell the dr she was exposed to this
    laura0107

Answer by laura0107 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Here we go again!! My daughter's for some god awful reason where destined to get this damn thing. My oldest dd started getting it when she was around 4 months old. It was always on her butt, never anywhere else. YES, it is contagious, but only if the wound is open and oozing out and you go and touch it. EVERYONE has MRSA living on our skin, it's just that some bodies cannot fight off the virus. Just think about this, while your grocery shopping.. Say someone who touched a can of spaghetti sauce had MRSA, that virus will live on that can for up to 72 HOURS!! MRSA is everywhere..in schools, on counter tops, on the floor etc. Well at least the community version, the hospital version is the deadly kind. Not many people are well informed and freak out when they hear about this. Whenever my daughter had a flare up we would put her on antibiotics, and BELIEVE this. She was even allowed to be in school still!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Anon-3:12
    Never heard of that!! Very interesting, did they have the hospital version? I had to do a cocktail of different things to try and get it out of my daughters system for good. We had to use a topical ointment, oral antibiotics, and special soap for the whole body. But she didn't stop getting it until she was potty trained.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Antibiotics bypass the immune system, and make it weaker in time. That's the last thing you need when fighting MRSA, a weak immune system.
    Anonymous