Did you ever say NO more children then change your mind?

if you have one kiddo..... do you want more?... do you think you might?
if you have more than one lil one did you ever say "im not having any more, one is enough"? .... do you want more?
we are not sure if we are going to have more kids... we have one and he is a handful... we said no way are we having any more and thats what all of our family thinks... but we have been second guessing ourselves and are thinking that we may have another in a few years... just wanted to know if this happens a lot.

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my DS is 4 and is an only, and we ar 99.9% sure it is going to stay that way, it just feels right for our family
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I know it's a terrible thing to say, but the reason I wanted more than one is because if something will ever happen to one of them, there is always another one to help you get through the pain of loss.
    Anonymous

• I find your question funny, only because I have a son, named Jackson, who after about he was 2, I said NO MORE, he is a handful, I can't go through this again with another child. This is it. But then....things change and he's 5 currently and I have a 3 month old.

And this time because I know how our minds can change I'm taking the Depo Shot. We discussed that if within 3 years we haven't decided to try for another then we are done and DH will get a vasectomy, we just couldn't make that permanent decision right now because you never know.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My dh & I raised our 1st batch of children and are now raising 3 of our grandchildren. We're also crazy and are foster parents who are also thinking about adopting 1 or 2 older children. So yeah after saying we were done with children we're starting a whole second family and looking to add to it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I was 'sure' my oldest was going to be an only child. For me the transition into motherhood was kind of rough and he was a very high needs infant, and I just couldn't see myself going through all that again. But then when he was about 4, I started to get the baby longings. My second was a much easier baby and child than my first, and I went on to have a couple more after that. The first one is the hardest.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• YeS victor is 12 and My daughter is 4 i thought long and hard.
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I wanted to be done after 3, but oops... I got pregnant before my dh went to get his vasectomy! I'm glad I had one more though. Couldn't imagine my life without her. : ) I'm done now though... no more for me!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I said after my first that I was done. Five years later I was surprised with my second. After him we said "no more". Six years later I was absolutely shocked to find out we were pregnant again. We'd been so careful but this time it just felt right. Again, we say we are done but you just never know what life is going to bring you.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We decided on three originally, then after getting pregnant with our second, said no more...two is enough, and now that we are almost due, and it is time for my husband's vasectomy, I am second guessing never having another one...it is a big decision to make, and I think you can always change your mind...what about when your little one starts asking for a brother or sister? You may change your mind then
    december911

Answer by december911 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have said that with each child. We are on our third, and our oldest is only 3. :)

When you know you're done, you really know. There is no lingering doubt. Several of my friends are getting snipped, and they said they just know. I don't kow many that change their minds years down the road.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010