if you have a tatoo, how would you feel about your kids getting one?

I like mine fine, but from time to time I wish it wasn't there. If any child I had was a adult and wanted one, I know I couldn't stop them, but if asked I wouldn't suggest it.
I imagine I wouldn't ask since I certainly didn't ask my mom before I got mine!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't have one. BUT if my child is over 18 when he/she gets a tattoo, I don't care. Before that...nope sorry, I won't give permission.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• They have to be over 18 to get one. I want them to do it because its something they really want and something they will pay for and I want them to be an adult before deciding they have to have one.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• me and DH both said when our son is 16 hes allowed to get one. I was 16 when i got my first one and DH was 17. I love tattoos and i cannot stand when people have something negative to say about them. As long as there not crude or covering his entire body id say go for it!
    Anonymous

• Tastefully done, not a problem. I've been to too many weddings where a bride or bridesmaid tries to cover a big old pot leaf with some kind of make up or large bandaid. They need to think before they get one.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have several. I would not be opposed to my child getting one once they are of age. I would hope they would take the long view on it and get something meaningful and artistic and not just some clip art.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• He will have to be 18 to do it. And I would hope he would have some sense in what he gets done. (no gf name ect)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'd make her choose carefully, just like I did, just like her dad did so that she won't ever look at it and wish it wasn't there. I love mine, and it means a lot to me. If she wants a tattoo, I want her to feel the same.
    Anonymous

• so long as he is of legal age i do not care... it shows pesonality... i would just tell him to choose wisely
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I could care less if my kids want tattoos or piercings. I have them & it wouldn't bother me if they did at all. I would make them wait till 18 & suggest they wait longer for a tattoo. It would suck to go get a tattoo of something stupid at a young age that you regret later. I didn't get my first tattoo till my early 20's & am so glad I waited. Piercings are another story, they can close & up go away easily, so I don't plan on restricting that. I haven't had my dd's ears done yet. If she wants to alter her body that's ok, but I don't feel comfortable making that decision for her.

curlycupcake

Answer by curlycupcake at 3:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have 15 tats and If my child wanted to get a tat then as long as they new it's there for life and it doesn't come off ever then yes 16 I would give my permission and I would be there with them at 18 and they are out of school there's not much i can do.
    Anonymous