If you live in another country besides the U.S. , have you lived here before and what do you think the differences are?

We talk about it all the time. We compare our country with those of others but when I stop to think about it, other than from tv what do I really know about other countries and the life style differences?
Are other countries so much different? What is it like in your country? I'm really curious.
Half my family lives in Austria.I've been there to visit once. It seemed as though they we free to do as they pleased over there just as much as here in the U.S. just some slight differences that I noticed. I was told that everyone over there was a Roman Catholic, they had no freedom of religion but I do not know that as a fact.
Anyway, just thought it would be something fun to talk about. I really am curious to know!
Thankyou! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've never lived in the US and I don't want to.  I live in Canada and I have lived in England and love them both.  I love the more open and less inhibited lifestyle of Europe and the history in which it's steeped.  Canada is like American lite.  We have all the rights and freedoms that Americans have but we also have free health care, the government guarantees our savings up to $100,000 (that means if a bank collapses people don't lose their money) and lottery and gaming winnings are tax free.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• That is really interesting Beeky, thank you for sharing.
    Anonymous

• I am currently stationed in Italy and Italians are NOTHING like you see on tv! (jersey shore-those people have NO clue how stupid they are)
    This is supposed to be the fashion capitol of the world or some such crap and like grunge is way in here! You wont see a woman in flats though! They are the scariest drivers, honestly this is the most dangerous country to drive in in europe! They have riposo, which is from 11-3! Everything closes except most restraunts. when you go to a restraunt they dont wait for the whole tables food to be ready, they bring it out when its ready, so you could be done eating before your SO even gets his food (rarely happens). Kids are very loved! I went to the dr and he spent 15 min talking to my DS before he even asked me what was wrong.
    But the culture! So amazing.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010