Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iwent to family court back in june and i was awarded soul custody n he got supervised visitation and he hasnt bothered at all i want to know what other actions i can take? he is ordered to give me support and hasnt in over two years please someone help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (7)
  • Well, you can't force him to see the child. That is really sad that he doesnt even try.
    But you can doing something about the support, especially if there is an order and he owes back support. Contact child support and an attorney. They can begin with suspending his license, garnishing his wages if possible and he may even serve some jail time.
    Good luck

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • What is it that you want? Once we know that, maybe someone can help.

    If you want the money, I don't know that there is any way to get it. You can report him to the state and if he goes to a different state you can notify that one as well. I have a cousin that is a deadbeat and his ex files something in the state that he lives in now and he cannot get any recreational licenses (hunting) because he is a deadbeat.

    If you want him to fulfill visitation, I don't think you can make him do that, and I don't know that you would want to anyway. I would want to keep my child far, far away from someone that could just walk out of their lives.

    If you want him to give up parental rights, you can investigate it through the courts. Since he hasn't paid child support, I have heard of people filing to get back support or give up parental rights.

    Either way, good luck. Sounds like you might need it.


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • Oh, and what state are you / he in?

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • You can get him visitation but you cannot force him to be a father. He sounds like a winner. Start keeping track of his no shows and take him back to court with proof that he has no contact and get sole custody. Also find a child support enforcement agency and get what you deserve.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • every time he goes 2 months with out support file contempt.

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • kimberly has good advice follow it.

    Answer by older at 4:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • Contact Child Support and tell them you want him prosecuted.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.