Nipple Stimulation, is it safe if not what do you think about it?

I heard its okay to do it but i also heard its unsafe because it can go over board! im almost 40 weeks and no baby, no contractions nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are having no contraction or anything then nothing will help. Your body has to be ready for anything to work even medical induction.
    I have never heard it being bad tho
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I tried it.. all I got was wet spots on my shirt
    it won't do anything if your body isn't ready
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Like mrs owen said. No contractions what so ever than more than likely it's not going do do anything. I would recommend hard physical labor. My SIL did her laundry and her Washer and Dryer was down stairs. I shovels snow. I've also heard that sitting on a birthing ball and swiveling your hips can help.
    But your due date might be off a little bit as well. Remember 3 wks either way is on time.
    Are you dialated at all? And what about back pain?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• 2murphysboys- sorry i didnt get back to you sooner. im due april 1st. i dont see a ob i see a midwife and i dont do check ups because i dont believe in it. baby has been head down, there is tons of pressure. i only get contractions if i am not hydrated enough with drinking water. but i do drink and well no contractions. im glad there is no snow here in WA and i wouldnt be shoveling snow since the workers at the apartments do that. my washer and dryer are in my house and walking around the house doesnt work. my kids are sick so there home. its been over a week they havent gone so i dont walk them to school anymore until they get better. my due date isnt off. Last period was june 25th. im 39 weeks 4 days
    Anonymous

• What about back pain? With my first son I had a LOT of back pain the last couple wks. By the time I was induced I was 5 cm and still hadn't had one actual "contraction". I've heard it's actually really common to have back labor and not have contractions until you're already at 7 or 8 cm.
    What part of Washington? My hometown is Walla Walla.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010