our son is almost 16 months and we dont know yet

we are not sure if we are going to have more our son is almost 16 months old and we told ourselves and everyone else that we are not having any more but recently we have been talking about it and may have one more in a few years... did you ever go through this? what did you do?... did you have more kiddos? or just stop at one?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry no haven't been there. My friend Crystal and her DH said that and they have now started talking about another one in a couple years too.
    I would just say wait and see how you feel a couple years from now. If yall really want another then go for it!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My kids are 5 1/2 years apart...after our first we thought one was enough...but as time went on we talked and talked about having another one. When our oldest turned 4 we decided to get off BC and just let things happen. Now that our second is going to be six, we kind of talk about having another one, nothing serious. Now though we talk about how many rooms we have and the money being spent on the first two...even though we know we could possibly afford a third, it's not something we're "working on"...if we did I would want to stay home and be with this one, I feel like I've missed so much with having to work to keep our bills paid...
    Anonymous

• I responded in your other question too, but like I said there, you never know. I didn't want others but I am so in love with my daughter and she was definately meant to be.

And even when I went through the whole "I'm done no more, Jackson is it for us" at the same time I didn't want him to be an only child. I'm an only child, I had no siblings to grow up with, no nieces or nephews to spoil and babysit, no brother or sister to confide in as kids and adults. And I didn't want that for Jackson. I look at my two kids and I already dream ahead and picture their families coming home for Christmas and Easter....spoiling grandkids and sending them back home...lol meaning I sleep in for once.

I now know that Jackson and Katelyn will always have each other....and because of that I'm also open to another, and them all having each other as kids and adults like I didn't.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• if all you have is just one, dont do anything drastic like get your tubes tied. you may want one later on
    Anonymous

• My DH and I are currently debating the same thing. Is one enough and do we want a second? Here is what I have so far.
    Pro
    1. Having a sibling will given my son someone besides us to rely on.
    2. I think we will put less pressure on DS if there is more than one child.
    Con
    1. Is it possible to love two as much as I love one?
    2. can we afford it?

FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• when i was preggo with my DS I thought I wanted 4, thats just crazy talk. Now that DS is 3 I know I could NEVER handle 4, but we are going to try again at the begining of next year
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have a 1 year old and I may not want anymore. I certainly don't want another until my daughter is somewhere in the age range of 3-6 years old! I want to go to law school and my DH is getting his doctorate. We both have aspirations that do not involve raising children forever! I know a lot of people think that children need siblings, but I read a book called "Nurture Shock" that states that sibling relationships are some of the most damaging relationships people have in their lives. Siblings can fight and treat each other any which way without consequences. Hence, having siblings does not mean you will be more socialized or stable, in fact, having siblings can be a detriment in that area. Read the book, it is very interesting.
    Anonymous