Weight loss during liquid-only diet restriction?

My doctor put me on a 5 day liquid-only diet due to a medical problem I have been experiencing. I was wondering, will this cause significant weight loss? My doctor has also suggested I lose weight, so I am wondering if this will shed any of my weight or if it will just give me excessive water weight? Has anyone else been put on an extended liquid-only diet restriction and lost weight?

(please do not bash - I am not on the diet for weight loss, it is for another issue - I am just curious about it's effects on my weight)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• I would think that it would depend on the liquids going in. If you have ones high in calories, like shakes weight lifters will drink, you might actualy see a gain.

Most than likely if it's a liquid diet as in broths and such, yes you'll see a weight loss. In 5 days perhaps as much as 10-15 pounds, but yes some of it will be water weight, but not all.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I was just on a liquid/soft foods diet for about 4 days because of a tooth. I lost about 3 or 4 pounds. And I was not eating only low calorie foods...so, it is possible.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010