sex while pregnant?

ok, this maybe TMI & i apologize ahead of time if i offend anyone, but im 8mo pregnant & dont really have much of a sex drive anymore. when i do want it, im so tight, i feel like im having sex for the 1st time!!! i also feel alot of pressure, especially if we "do it" a certain way, im scared its gonna start labor early. im not usually paranoid about things & have been blessed w/a pretty easy going pregnancy. i dont wanna make my husband feel like im neglecting him but i jus dunno if sex is a good idea now?! what do you all think?

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Try different positions.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Unless your doctor says it's not safe too (such as if you have been experiencing early labor...or are already dialated) there is nothing wrong with having sex throughout pregnancy....but, if it hurts and you are just uninterested your hubby should understand. LOL, DH and I maybe had sex 3-4 times in my final trimester, I was so NOT in the mood.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Actually, even if you ARE dilated, it's still perfectly safe. You would have to be having preterm labor, placenta previa, etc... major complications for sex to be unsafe. Sex is perfectly safe, but it's not always comfortable at this stage. Try lots of foreplay, maybe a lubricant and different positions. Here's a site with animated 3D illustrations on different positions, including some that are great for pregnancy (you kinda gotta search through them, though).

www.sexinfo101.com

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It's OK until your doctor tells you not to. Mine told me at about 7 months, both times, because of issues I was having. DH was totally understanding though and waited it out, and then afterwards of course. Let me say though, after having to wait 4-5 months, we were both more than ready to get back into it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Try different positions, doggy and on top work for me, I'm almost 33wks. :)
    I also have a 2yrold and an 8mo. old - and during my those pregnancies I couldn't get enough. :-D

You'll be ok
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• NOT TO SOUND CRAZY, BUT THERE IS ONE THING YOU CAN DO TO YOUR MAN THAT NO MAN WILL TRUN DOWN, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE INTERCOURSE. YOU COULD PLEASE YOUR MAN WITH OUT HIM HURTING YOU/ INTERING YOU, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GET A XXX VIDEO, WATCH WITH HIM, OR IF YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO KNOW WATCH WHEN HE'S AT WORK.... HE WILL BE SO HAPPY AND WON'T GO LOOKING ANY WHERE ELSE. lol : D

sexeykittycalie

Answer by sexeykittycalie at 6:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• thx everyone for all your input! when we "do it" its usually doggie style~ girl on top makes me to tired, especially w/being as far along as i am :) we have XXX movies to watch together & sometimes i help him out or vice versa w/o actually having sex. i am jus not used to the super tight feeling when we do it....
    mommyw2010

Answer by mommyw2010 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2010