Anyone know how to get my computer off of Safe Mode?

How do I get my computer to stop going into Safe mode? I don't believe I have a virus. I have webroot that checks every night. My USB port is also not reading my External Hard drive? Help? Hubby is deployed and not here to fix!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Try turning your pc off and when you restart start tapping the f8 key a new screen should appear and you should be able to select run normally or something along those lines. If you don't start tapping f8 soon enough you might have to shut down and try again. Hope this helps.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If what theosgirl45 said doesn't work .. You could try yanking the battery from the motherboard, count 10 seconds, and put it back in. That should restart your bios settings and should fix the problem. It could be that you do have a virus and your protection isn't detecting it. Some viruses are more advanced then the protection can detect. That or they get inside your computer and shield themselves as a required file, which the protection won't recognize. Unless you go in and manually remove it, if you know what you're looking for.

Try a different USB port on your computer for your External. It could be that the USB port that you're using has gone bad or has become disconnected. As well try a thumb drive (also known as a flash drive) or another USB device on the same port that isn't working. To see if it is the port or the External itself. It could be that your External is shot and isn't actually your USB port.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I had to do that a few weeks ago. I had to do a system recovery. It's a pain to have to rebuild, but it was worth it, my computer runs to much faster now and no more Safe Mode!
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 12:46 PM on May. 9, 2010