Should I invite someone I don't really care for to my daughter's b-day party?

My daughter is 3 and I really don't want to invite this other Mom to her party. I like her son, but she is just downright rude to me. The other issue is that her husband and my husband are friends and another couple who we are all friends with will be bringing their daughter to the party. I don't want to be stressed out with her being there, but I don't want to cause drama by not inviting her. I feel like whatever I do, I lose. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Does your daughter want to invite her son? If no, then that's your excuse for not wanting her there. If yes, then I'd say invite her son. Maybe you'll luck out and the dad will just be there and not the mom.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 3:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• you invite her. and just tell your real friends to watch how she is a bitch. then you talk about her when she leaves. you cant leave her kid out because all the parents or at least the husband and your dh are friends. just think of it like a show. remember it is your party and if she is rude to you === it is totally fine to ask her to leave the group (so that you dont correct her publicly) and tell her to be nice. that really would be funny.... sorry... be the bigger person or just deal with it. we all have to make those sacrifices for our kids. some of my son's friends (from school or the neighborhood) have completely obnoxious parents that i dont like to seen with or talk to .... i just deal with it... it is important for him to have friends and the children are good.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

This.
    Anonymous

• well i dont like my sister in law at all but still had to invite her. See what you hubby thinks, if he says it not a big deal then don't invite them, but if says yeah they should be invited then sometime you just need to suck it up.
    Anonymous

• I'd invite them and just do what my SIL did at my nieces party- bring in some other adult reinforcements to do things talk to the pain while you do other things. If not, just be busy with other things if she tries to talk to you.
    when you say she's rude, what does she do?
    Maybe you have different definitions of rudeness or maybe she just doesn't know any better. But I wouldn't punish the kid just because you don't like the mom-
    you are both adults, I would think you could handle mom for one afternoon-
    maybe you could give the pain mom a job to keep her busy or something-
    Anonymous

• I'd have to say to consult your hubby as to his feelings. If you're friends with the more friendly couple both of you know, perhaps ask that Mom what she thinks, IF you can trust her to not tell the other Mom what you asked her. Ultimately, if you don't like her, your daughter might not like her son, either, so you should stick to your guns if you really don't want her there.
    JennHa

Answer by JennHa at 5:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• MAKE IT A KIDS ONLY, PARTY...... XOXO KIDS DAY, KIDS DAY.... WHOOOOOOO : ) and avoid drama. if you need help then just ask the cool moms you like to come just to help you out with all the kids, then when asked you can just tell the truth " YOU ONLY NEEDED A FEW MOMMY'S TO HELP " ha,ha,ha, your now safe and free of guilt... we all have people in our life that bring drama but " YOU " DON'T HAVE to let them in.... i get face booked all the time by people I'm like what !!! are you kidding me, what a joke... i would not even call them friends just drama ! hope that helps, sweetie ; ) have fun ! KIDS ROCK ! : )

sexeykittycalie

Answer by sexeykittycalie at 6:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• go with sexeykittycalie's suggestion-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• hey anon 430- what is the first initial of your first name? my paranoid moment-
    Anonymous

• L,
    Anonymous