Would you feel uncomfortable asking again?

Last year, my FMIL gave my BF and I a weekend at a local B&B as a combined birthday gift. She had purchased it at an auction held by her ladies club. The only catch was, we had to let her know when we wanted to use it because the woman who put it up for auction had made special arrangements with the B&B and we'd have to go thru her to redeem it. Last fall we had a free weekend (they're far and few between) so we decided we were going to try to cash it in. We call FMIL to try to make the arrangements. Turns out the woman was in the hospital having surgery and although my FMIL tried to go around her, she just couldn't make it happen. I tucked the gift card away, but about a month ago I called FMIL to try again for next month (our anniversary). She said she would call the woman that week but so far we haven't heard anything. I don't want to be a pest, but she's the one who put herself in the middle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• this doesnt sound on the up and up to me. its an odd set up-- to pay for something--then u cant redeem it without so much fan fare or use it at your leisure. good luck though. i dont c anything wrong with asking about it but i would have bf do it since its his mom.
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It has been a month it might be time to follow up. Just try to sound polite and not annoyed. After all your FMIL paid good money for this and I am sure she doesn't want the money to go to waste.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Just say I'm not trying to annoy you or anything. I'm just really excited about this vacation! I'm sure she'll understand.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'd have my BF do it. His mom right? i usually have my husband talk to his mom or dad when i'm feeling uncomfortable about something.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 4:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• CAn you get the ladies phone #?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I'd ask about it- I see no harm. Just be nice about it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Well, I think its not unreasonable to ask about it again. Its possible that the woman is just really busy and needs to have reminders now and then. Who else here doesn't know how it feels to have things piling up around you?
    JennHa

Answer by JennHa at 5:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010