Spitting Up Clear Fluid....

My baby who is 11 weeks old has been spitting up clear liquid. Sometimes it seems a little projectile, but he isn't crying or upset after....in fact he did it while we were playing and started smiling away right after. Now he has been taking something for gastric reflux and today we had a follow up and the doctor gave us some lactose free/ milk protein free formula to try because he was still having a few issues, has anyone else dealt with this or could anyone give me some advice or insight? (The most spitting up of clear liquid HAS started since his first bottle of the new formula)...

JennaJ721

Asked by JennaJ721 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure what you should do about it. My twin boys are going to be 9 months old on the 8th. They both spit up clear fluid for a bit... Not sure why. After the first few months of their lives it stopped. Their doctor said formula may be too strong for their stomachs and it was probably the separation of the vitamins and water. Dunno... But they're 100% OK and very healthy :D
    DesJordan

Answer by DesJordan at 5:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2010