My Daugter is 8 1/2 Months and the Wic told me she should mostly eat just bottle and maybe two 4 onuces of jared foods; She has no teeth, I have been feeding her a vary of foods and the bottle. How do I know she is eatting enough food if I am not giving her the Bottle all the time? when would be good time to wean her from the bottle?

Vary of food I am feeding her, maybe a little of my food. The Baby food lil Crunchies and some snacks. Wic said that even though that she is eating that food she should still be having 4 bottles a day. But most of the time she just has three, and some food. It just seems a bit to have ALL this food in one day.

kaylamjackson87

Asked by kaylamjackson87 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Don't listen to wic, seriously..... listen to the babies pediatrician first off, she'll have a 9 month wellness check soon, right? See how her growth is, discuss this w/ the dr. And listen to the baby, they know when they're hungry, need more bottles, more table food, etc and always listen to your gut. you're the momma. Wic is nothing.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• give her food before the bottle. She can drink from a cup as early as 5 months but she should be off the bottle by 1 yr. She'll let you know if she's still hungry.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• just feed her the food and then give her the bottle as a drink afterwards she will drink what she wants of it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It seems to me she's not eating enough actual food. I mean, two baby jars? I believe my son would eat at least four during the day.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• in the mornings i would give my son just fruit and then a bottle, then in the afternoons i would do a veggie and fruit, then milk...evenings, i would try a meat, vegi, fruit, and milk
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• bottles in between are fine or cereal in the mornings is good
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Breastmilk or formula should be her main source of nutrition until she is 12 months old. Give the bottles before the food, and don't worry so much about what she's eating, she'll eat when she's hungry.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Any food before age 1 is mainly for practice. Your childs main nutrition should be formula. She should get the same abount of formula as always, maybe even more. Food should not be her source of nutrition until after she is off formula. She is old enough to try a sippy cup and start her way off the bottle. Most doctors recommend baby be off the bottle by a year to lessen the chance of malformation of jaw and teeth. Once she is off formula and onto milk after she turns 1, then, she can start having more food as her nutrition.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Ati 13 food before bottle. I don't know what books or where your have gonna your info from

but always food before bottle. You can give him a cup 5-6 months old. WIC is nothing just yup them and speak with his doctor..
    Anonymous

• I hate to break it to you ANON 4:04: You ALWAYS give breastmilk or formula before food. It is their main source of nutrition and it helps take their edge off their hunget so they can concentrate on trying the food. Geeze.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010