giving a adult a time out-

we had a problem with the little one (about 3 at the time) throwing things. my DH tossed a toy into the toy box in front of her-she seemed to take it as a OK to throw things, so she started tossing things around the room like he did.
Not really being sure how to explain to her that what he did was different and all, I went with my instinct&said to DH
"you threw that! you made a bad choice! you have to get a time out!" he went along with it, though he was looking at me like I was insane the whole time. So He got a time out just like the little one would have. The while time she sat by him patting him in the shoulder telling him that it was going to be OK, that she was there for him!
man, I wish I had this on video!
to be fair I got a time out a few months later for saying shut-up in front of her.
But she wasn't consoling me, she thought it was funny :(
anyone else ever punish a adult to make a point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LMAO
    LOVE IT!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• HILARIOUS! NO but I wish I had thought of that!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We did that before. I was in time out for saying a bad word and daddy was in time out once and I don't remember what for now.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• No. We have established that adults can do a lot of things that kids can't. Your situation sounds really cute though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Thats to funny, I'll have to remember that.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• OP- best of luck with that Pnukey - never fell for that when I was a kid and wouldn't expect a kid for all for that now.
    but I hope it works for you.
    Anonymous