What is too much? is there such thing for a baby?

My daughter (8 1/2 Months) and go to bed about midnight or two in the morning and don't wake til 11in the morning or sometimes one in the afternoon. She sleeps the night through, but if drops her pacifier, than she wake up just to get it back. Is it too much sleep for her?

kaylamjackson87

Asked by kaylamjackson87 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• They are good at self-regulating their sleep. She is getting about 11 hours in a stretch, which is a normal total. Is she napping?

What I'm seeing is she's going to bed very late, though. If that's working for you don't mess with it. If it's not...start sneaking an earlier bedtime in...wake her up earlier in the day tostart with, then put her down a bit earlier. Say by 30 minutes a day.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Sleeps is also very good for her, let her sleep as long as she wants. Enjoy it!

Answer by older at 4:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• No! Some kids sleep a lot, some don't. There is no such thing, she knows what she needs.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• not if she isnt going to bed until 2 am sometimes. Thats only 9-11 hours. I wouldnt let my kid go to bed that late or sleep in that long but she is a baby and she can get away with that. I doubt you will be having that schedule in a few yrs. I usually put my son to bed between 8 and 9 and he wakes up around 7 am so he get just as much sleep.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• my son is 5 by the way so he is on a school schedule
    shay1130

• No - my kids all slept 12 hours or so/night at that age and napped for 2-3 hours during the day but it seems like an odd schedule for a baby.

Answer by missanc at 5:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010