I am waiting on a call back from the gyn.... Anyone have heavy LONNNG periods 7 months after baby?

I am having horrile horrible cramps and lots lots lots of bleeding. Also they last for about 10 days and come ever 3 weeks!.. Anyone ever experince this?
OHHH it hurts!!!!!!

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 4:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A friend of mine had something similar, she had no energy because of the loss of blood and turns out they had to do a D&C because not all of the placenta had come out after delivery... They did the D&C about two months after her little one was born... Good luck !
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 4:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• well i am 6 months pp and i had a iud put in so i really dont know if this will help or not but my doctor put me on progesteroin which is made to stop periods or make them regular so when you do talk to your ob thats probably what they will do but i have had my period for over 2wks now and the med is starting to help it's lighter but it still hasnt gone away it did for a bit then came back i have no idea whats going on lol
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 7:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had this too....it took a while for my periods to come back and then they came back with a vengeance. They still come back hard (thankfully not as long, but still pretty rough)...my twins are almost 13 months old.
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 11:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2010