What's your 8 month old's diet?

I was just wondering because my daughter is now 8 months and WIC hasn't changed at all... which according to various things I've read online and from a chart her doctor gave us.. it should have.

So I'm just curious what you feed your 8 month old.. kinda like when/what/how much type stuff..

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 8 months..my son still had a 8-10 oz bottle every 4 hours. He also had cereal(like malt-o-meal or cream of wheat or oatmeal) for breakfast., then some meat and veggies and fruit for lunch, same thing again for supper. Maybe a snack between lunch and supper. My son LOVED to eat. And this was before the AAP recommended waiting until after age 6 months to start food. He might have been fed different nowadays. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• At 8 months we went completely to table food for my son. For breakfast usually some oatmeal and some unsweetened applesauce; for lunch usually some combination of yogurt, cheese toast or cheese cubes, steamed veggies, whole wheat rotini pasta, etc; for supper, some of whatever we were having. After meals and for snacks (3 snacks/day) he still breastfed.

Answer by missanc at 5:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Until one year, an infant should be having mostly formula or breastmilk still. Mine was having formula and maybe 1/4 cup of fruit or veggies a day.
    Anonymous

• I know, WIC give you SO much jarred baby food! In addition to that you can start offering little bits of what you are eating. There is probably a lot that you are eating that yo can break off little pea sized pieces and put them on baby's tray. Chicken breast, ground beef, sweet potato, steamed veggies etc.
    In addition to breastfeeding on demand, my 9 mo old eats a few of the jars from WIC each day (breakfast lunch and dinner) and in addition to that I give her bits of what I am eating that are appropriate. I also buy plain, whole milk yogurt and mix in a jar of baby fruit. She LOVES that! It is way better than yobaby as it has no added refined sugar.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• When my daughter was 8 months old, just about three months ago now, she still had about 32 ounces of formula. That is 4 bottles a day, she had a jar of fruit or vegetables 3 to 4 times a day, the fruit would also have some rice cereal in it for breakfast and one in the evening before bed. I had also been giving her a little cup of half apple juice/half water.
    Anonymous