AHH! My son is eating me out of house and home!

LOL
I think he is going through a growth spurt or something. The kid just wants to eat and eat and eat some more. He'll eat something then 10 minutes later he says he's starving again.
It's pretty much healthy foods he's eating, we don't keep much junk food here, but still..I don't think I can afford to feed him! He's going to have to go get a job with his 10 year old self,lol.
Anyone else? What can I make him for snacks that is filling enough for him to be able to wait until the next meal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Don't scare me! My boys are about 4 years apart, so with three of them I'll have teenage boys in my house for over a decade. Our joke is we'll buy a steer to butcher and plow under the lawn to plant potatoes. They already eat a lot, my 11 yo can out eat me and my hubby, I'm not looking forward to the teen years. That and I'm pretty sure I need to build a concrete bunker for them to live in. They already pretty much shake the house apart when they get going with the wrestling and goofing around ... what will it be like when they're bigger!?!

Anyway for filling him up I'd try protein and fiber. Fiber rich foods are filling and they take longer to digest so he'll feel full longer.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• LOL
    My 6 1/2 year old son eats more than I do. I am in TROOUBLE when he gets older!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yes, my 5 yr old! I feel bad because he is always telling me he is hungry and i am always telling him no. I give him 1 snack in between meal and thats it. He still hollars he is hungry though...i just tell him too bad.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• grilled cheese sandwich, bowl of cereal, apple & peanut butter, left overs, pizza made with sandwich bread or english muffins, tortilla roll-ups (mine likes turkey and cheese)
    Anonymous

• oooo, I forgot about the pizzas made with sandwhich bread, I used to make those all the time when I was a teen, really filled me up. I think I'll buy the stuff tonight for him to make them tomorrow, thanks for the idea! :)
    Anonymous

• Try for protein snacks of peanut butter, nuts, eggs (hard boiled), beans, etc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i like to reheat stir fries, they are a pretty cheap and healthy meal! i am so scared for when my boys grow up! our kids are 2, 2, 4 and 6...and we almost go through 2 large pizzas already!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My 10 year old son could eat about half of a large pizza by himself already!
    He's not fat at all, he's lean and becoming muscular and all of his pants that I just bought him about 4 months ago already come up to his ankles! He's killing me here,lol.
    Anonymous

• Chicken thighs and white rice.
    That's the joke at house about the boys hitting the teen years.
    Anonymous

• I have 10 and 12 year old boys, so I feel your pain! My boys eat all the time, or it feels like it anyway. But I grew up with 3 brothers so it's not a huge surprise. I don't know about really cheap foods - I tell my son to make himself a sandwich or grab some yogurt. I've also started packing up whatever small amounts of leftovers we have from supper and when he gets home from school I'll reheat a plate of last night's supper for him.

Answer by missanc at 5:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010