can i get a different phone if i just upgraded and don't like the new one i got? (verizon)

not even a month ago i went into the verizon store to get a new battery for my phone, and they said it would cost as much as a phone and would make more sense for me to just get a new phone, since i was eligible to upgrade. i told her i didn't have the money for a new phone right now, so she gave me a free one. and i signed a new 2yr contract. but i really don't like this phone at ALL and id like to get a new one, now that i have the money for one. but am i gonna have to pay full price for a new phone? when i was eligible to upgrade they told me i get $50 off any phone. i've only had this new phone for less than a month, so couldn't i just go in there and switch to a different one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I believe you have 10 days with verizon
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Call VErizon. There is a certain time period where you can, but you may have passed it allready. I'm not sure though.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Call and ask, they usually give you X amount of days to bring it back and trade it in. I know ATT gave you 30 days.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had 30 days to take my phone back when I got my new one a few months ago. I didn't download any ringtones or anything because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it. They do require like a $30 restocking fee though.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• For devices, you can choose one within 30 days of getting it in the SAME CATEGORY as the one you had originally, plus pay a restock fee of 25 bucks for the old one. I think, but I'm not sure, that they will charge you 20 bucks if you need them to transfer the contacts to the new phone from the old phone, because that is now a free service on their website.

No, I don't have Verizon, but my boyfriend does, and we just went and pestered them and that was one of the questions he asked the guy in the retail store, and what the guy told him. You might want to check with your local store. Its free to ask questions. :)
    JennHa

Answer by JennHa at 5:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010