I want another child but not to much hope!!

I am a mom of a two year old and I have been wanting another baby very badily!!! Well here is the problem I have not had a period in almost a year!! YA I KNOW!!! We just moved from OK where my gyno was terrible and said it was perfectly fine to not have a period. We will have our new insurance kick in soon but my question is ... Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so what did you do?

homemaker4him

Asked by homemaker4him at 4:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• You probably have PCOS. Google it and ask the dr when you see him.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Are you over wieght or under weight? Or you hormones are out of wak.

Answer by louise2 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Get a second opinion. I think it is unhealthy or abnormal to not have a monthly period. Are you trying right now to get pregnant? Once your insurance kicks in, go get checked and make sure all your stuff is in good working order and your body will be healthy enough to hold a baby for nine months.
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• if i were you once your new insurance kicks in see another doctor. Ever since i had my son last July my period went from very regular to irregular. I've had my period maybe 2 times since then and havet had it since very end of jan and I'm not pregnant. You can always buy those ovulation test and see when you ovulate and try then other then that wait till you can see a new doctor and find out whats going on with your periods. i've heard it can sometimes take up to a year for your periods to return after people ahve a baby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had to use fertility treatments to get pregnant. You may not have PCOS; PCOS is a possibility, but definitely not the only possibility. I do not have PCOS. Once your insurance kicks in go see your new OB/GYN to discuss your problem. They will either run some blood tests or refer you to a specialist. GL!
    Anonymous

• i have not had a period in 4 yrs because i was on depo. I havent taken depo though in almost a yr. and still no period. My doctor said i need to give it a full yr to wait and see if my period will start. I hope it does but its looking on the down side becuase it will be a yr in june. They said they will give me some meds to help get it going if i dont start by a yr
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I had a year and a half of irregular periods. Went to the doctor tons and they couldn't find anything, even got tested for PCOS, nothing. I had a CBC and they found nothing. Then I got preggo. So now I wonder what will happen afterwards. Have you been getting enough Iron? Did your weight change significantly? Either way, loose a lot or gain a lot?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• how is your diet?
    can you cut refined sugars and carbohydrates? can you cut dairy? can you cut caffeine and alcohol? do you eat whole grains, organic meats, enough protein (eggs count), fruits lower in fructose, and tons of fresh veggies? do you exercise? like another poster said, sudden weight changes can effect ovulation, being overweight, underweihgt, working out too hard, or not enough being over stressed...all of this can effect ovulation. while you are waiting for insurance to kick in, you could try making these changes on your own. i wish you the best of luck! i see a chiropractor weekly, and eat like above...and i am pretty darn fertile :) if it does turn out to be pcos, like pp's mentioned, then you could google alternatuve cures for it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• It is not normal to stop having periods for no reason. While you are waiting on insurance, make sure you are getting enough rest and improve your diet. Being overweight can also affect fertility, so if you are, I would make changes in diet and exercise.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 6:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010