Would you expect your BF to buy you a nicer/more expensive engagement ring than he did for his ex??

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a material girl and I love my BF, but I recently found out how much he spent on his ex's engagement ring and I just wondered... I know it was a long time ago and he probably couldn't get me as nice a ring for that price today but what would you think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. Doesn't matter. I'm a second wife. I KNOW my ring is less pricey than hers was. Big deal. I've got him, she doesn't. I've been married to him for 16 years...she barely made THREE.

My ring was paid for in full. Hers wasn't.

A ring isn't gonna keep you warm at night. Sorry, but the ONLY thing that should concern you about the price of a ring is whether you have the money to pay for it cash. If you don't, then don't buy it.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• it sounds like you are exactly what you are claiming not to be
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• it is always what they can afford unless the diamond is passed down from someone...imo.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Maybe now with you, he's realized which things are really important in life. ;)
    Anonymous

• Depends on how much money his ex wife is getting from him still. (Child support alimony). You might get a $2 ring from the Dollar store.

Answer by louise2 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yeah maybe he was short on some cash. Relax ;)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• when he was with her he might have been in a better financial time.All that matters is if he is better to you than he was to her,not how much he pays for your ring.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If he wanted to marry her, he would have. Being jealous over something that never happened is immature. It's not the price of the ring but the symbolism and the promise that it holds.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yes it would bother me too- to a point...and the other way around too ( my ex bought me an engagment ring after 2 years of being together) , we broke up and 2 months later he bought his new gf one that was several hundreds of dollars more...that still kind of stings to think about that ( he was my first love...but she ended up cheating on him with his best friend so that makes it a little better lol) so I can imagine that it must bug you that your current one did.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I know for a fact that my darling hubby spent more on his ex's engagement ring than mine because I don't have one. I never wanted one though so I guess it's not a fair comparison.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010