Which do u do?

Are you the kind of parent that makes your preschooler clean their room amd pick up their own toys or do clean up after them and just say let kids be kids?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 5:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm a mom, not a maid... if you make a mess, you clean it up
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I don't mind for the lil lil ones..but my 3 year old, He has to clean his room.
    Anonymous

• Both. We cleaned it together.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• he helps pick up,but i do the cleanning and i truly dont mind. he is still little 3years old.when he is like 5 he can start cleanning his own room.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• We clean together! As long as she helps, I don't care. When she spills something or makes a mess before I can say "look a mess, lets clean it" she says "ooops! A mess mama!" and starts putting things away... she's 2 however and gets distracted easily... so that's why I clean with her!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I have a STRICT 1 toy/game/thing at a time policy. If they don't obey that I freak out and either punish or take away the toys that are a mess

my kids share a bedroom and there's nothing to mess up there (2 beds, 2 dressers, etc)

the playroom, however is big (it's the master bedroom in our 3 bedroom house) and if not organized and kept tidy it's a real nightmare.

i don't make them make their beds even but i expect those toys and books to be damn near perfect.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I personly try my best to make my three yr old clean up his toys but he refuses to do it. How do you inforce the one toy rule?!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 5:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• we don't keep toys in the bedrooms, but we do have a basement where we keep a ton of toys. we clean it together 1 time a week. i should have them clean it every day, but i don't.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I used to help but not anymore. Right before he turned 4 1/2 my son announced that he wanted more allowance so we came up with a system. He used to get $1 a week just as his personal spending money but now he gets a second dollar if he cleans his room alone. He needs to pick it all up and dust on Thursday afternoon and then strip his bed on Friday morning which is my bedroom cleaning day. I vacuum and put clean sheets on plus I do the deep clean stuff like polishing wood and doing windows. He also needs to help pick up the living room each day before his dad gets home from work.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• A bit of both, I suppose. If I want to just get it done with, I do it. Usually they help and we make it fun.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 7:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010