I'm trying my hand at making baby food at home and am wondering if there is any rule on how old a baby should be to have corn, blended up of course.

Any ideas? She is on pureed foods but I didn't know if this is okay or if I should wait. She is almost 11 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• My son was eating kernel corn, not pureed, at 8 months.

Answer by missanc at 5:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• She can have corn. Have you tried offering her finger foods? Most are ready for them between 6-9 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Corn is harder to digest. I wouldn't try it until at least after 9 months. Not to mention you have to get rid of all the skins on the corn. Pain in the butt not worth it if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• It all depends on your babies tummy. My oldest would get constipated with corn until he was just over a year. But my other 2 were just fine after 8-9 months.
    The first time I would actually just buy organic baby food. Just to test her tummy (without all the work of making it on your own). If she does ok then go for it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Why would she need corn? It's full of sugar and other bad things, I would try a different veggie
    Anonymous

• the wholesome baby food site someone mentioned above is great. and gerber also gives a guideline with explainations.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You don't need to do special things to make baby food. You can just mash foods with a fork like banana and cooked veggies. You can shred meat with a fork. If you wait until 6 months there is no need for special recipes unless it's just something you want to do for fun. It's better if baby feeds herself rather than being spoonfed. That way the baby regulates food intake.

www.kellymom.com has good info on starting solids.

I agree corn isn't that great for kids. You can go to google and type in superfoods for ideas on great foods. Not all will be baby friendly.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2010