Christian Militia arrested, thoughts?

DETROIT - Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia that was preparing for the Antichrist were charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then kill scores more by attacking a funeral using homemade bombs, federal prosecutors said Monday.

The Michigan-based group, called Hutaree, planned to use the attack on police as a catalyst for a larger uprising against the government, according to newly unsealed court papers. U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved quickly on the group because its members were planning a violent mission sometime in April.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 5:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• honestly its kind of scary, they were going to go after police and anti-crist. One more reason to keep my beliefs to myself, i dont want to get shot down for not believing. I think these people are nuts and even if I thought there was a god I doubt he'll command those people to kill innocent epeople
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• GOOD!

They're one of the many reasons I'm afraid to come out as an atheist in my community. You never know when crazies are lurking around waiting to strike.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Why do you need to "come out"? I know plenty of athiests. Many are also conservative republicans, OHH MY!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• cait there are atheists who are nutbags too..and people who do not claim anything that are nutbags.I live in the bible belt and we have pagans and atheists and others here as well..and it hasn't happened here.
    Some people are just crazy.I am a Christian and the only time i'd get violent is in self defense of myself or my family..or neighbor that sort of deal.I imagine that is how most of us feel.
    This group is nuts and imo on that same list as Tim Mcveigh..it's terrorism.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• right wing gets scarier everyday

Anonymous

• I guess they were going to have their jihad (if Christians did that sort of thing). This is a group of extremist who hide behind the moniker of being Christian except they aren't - not really. It's too bad too. Christians get such a bad rap by people who hate us. This will just add fuel to the fire.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• anonymous troll we can pull out the list of left wing nubags if you wish..

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Extremists in any group are scary. No one group corners the market for nut jobs they belong to every political party, religion or no religion out there. Glad they caught them and glad they caught the person making threats towards Cantor.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Real Christians wouldn't be doing this. (And I'm not even a Christian, so don't say I'm just standing up for my own group.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010