Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where should i go to put up my baby for adoption?

My name is Brooke i am 17years old now about a year ago i became pregnant for the guy i thought loved me.We were in the same school that's how i meet him he told me he loved him and i believed him and i later became pregnant for him but he treated me like dirt and denied the baby i got help from friends till i gave birth but now things are not the same and more i love my daughter and don't want her to suffer i also want to go back to school.That's why i will be needing help from anybody for direction.I was just directed here by a friend never being here before but she told me its the best place for me to get help now.

Answer Question

Asked by brookey1994 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • if you dont want to give up your child, dont. you will never forgive yourself. there are online courses you can take for school, there is help in most communities. Go to your local health dept, and see what they can do for you.

    Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • There are several ways you can do it. It all just depends on what you want. The best would probably to go to your local church and talk to the pastor about your situation. They have this setup for this and they might even be able to setup a "private" adoption. On top of that they will be able to counsel you threw the pain of it all.
    Good Luck to you! I'm here to talk if you need it.

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • my huspand was 16 when he had his 1st child and he had an other one the day befor his son turned one but unfortanly the littlg girl died and the mom cheated on him and he was left raising his son by himself,now his son is almost 18 and he is 34. he did it, he droped out of school to take care of his son but went back later in long as ur child doesnt go without food or shelter and warmth and all ur love then she has every thing she needs.

    Answer by angelairelan at 7:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • theres ways you can go to school and still keep your baby. You can always get help with child care while you go to school. Theres many ways you can get help.

    Answer by lilangel_4206 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • I'm in the same boat as u I'm 20yrs my son Is 5 months now I knew his father for about 5yrs which he has 2 kids already so this baby he really regrets him it kills me to know that the father of my son Is like that n can't stand me n I have to stay home with my son cus I have nobody to watch him so its even more depressing I've had a lot thoughts of giving him up for adpotion but the older he gets the more I love him the more rejection I get from his father the closer I get to my son its not all happy days n things do hurt a lot n there's no easy way out but u will start to realize that u or ur daughter aren't missing out on anything cus u have each other n u get to watch her grow her father is the one missing out its really difficult but u don't want to b with a guy who doesn't love u or ur daughter even if its the babys father n the sooner u realize that the easier it will get to move on from him n focus on u n her...

    Answer by Kri5taa at 8:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • I was pregnant at 17 boyfriend at the time was a jerk. He was actually in jail when my daughter was born. Needless to say, he's not in my life anymore. I met a better person when my daughter was just 4 months old. I did it. You can do it. I had already dropped out of school for other reasons and gotten my GED before I got pregnant, so I didn't have to worry about school...but if you have any family or friends that can help you...and I'm sure you can get help from the state to pay for day care and stuff so you can continue to go to school. Giving up your daughter will not be easy for you...and you will probably regret it. And I'll bet it's not what's best for her. Being with her loving mother is what's best. There's so much out there to help you. Don't give up on yourself. You can do this momma. I'm now 20yrs old & my daughter is 2 1/2 and I have a 9 month old son, and they are the best things that ever happened to me.

    Answer by michellelee3708 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • You can always finish school later. Or get a GED and then go to a community college later -- and from community college get into a better University. A couple of my friends did it, you can do it too! There is help out there for you.. Go to the WIC/Medicaid office so you can temporarily stay home with your new baby, once you're on your feet you can go to school and she can go to daycare. It's a tough life being a single mom, but you never know, you might meet a good man after a few years and end up not being single. Don't give your baby up if you do not want to. You can do it if you want to.. it'll just be a little tough. But life isn't easy either way. If you give her up and didn't want to, just think about that for a second. If you really want to, though, I'd go for an open adoption -- why? They are the best psychologically for the child. To know where they came from, know why their bio mom isn't their mom, etc.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • Sweetie,people have kids at young ages ALL the time and manage just fine without the father.Im a single mother myself and have no one to rely on but I wouldnt trade my daughter for anything in the world.It's already gonna be hard enough to explain to her why her father isnt around,she doesnt need to ask the same thing about her mother.I grew up without a mother and a father and it was REALLY hard,I cant even describe to you how hard it was and I wish that on no one.Be the best parent you can be.I'll pray for u,im here if you'd like to talk

    Answer by alaina_20 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • You are 17 and old enough to take care of a baby and go to school. Go to counseling before you make any decisions. If you can't take care of your baby now then you can find someone that would be willing to care for your baby until you feel you are in a position to take care of her. You don't have to put your baby up for adoption forever.

    Answer by Gailll at 9:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

  • You can go lots of places to get this started, if nothing else go talk to the police they well help you and get you in touch with social servies and they will help you put it up for adoption, or they can take it at that time and put it in a foster home, If you cant deal with a baby then you shouldnt have sex, kids having kids isnt always right but some deal with it others give the baby to a loving home with parents for whatever reason cant have a child. You can go to the health department, the fire department, hospital everyone will help you find the right place to go to put it up for adoption.

    Answer by Newmommys101 at 2:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.