What method has worked best for you??

I need to take off the border that we put up in the our son's room when we were expecting him...5 yrs ago. We are redoing the room and I need to get this border off so we can paint. I've heard a few different methods, but if you've done this before...what did you do and did it work?

clhadley

Asked by clhadley at 6:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Fill a clean spray bottle with 3/4 white vinegar to 1/4 hot water.
    Spray the border. Let it soak. Use a plastic straight edge - a plastic cooking scraper or spatula, or credit card. The border will pell right off and then respray to soak the glue, then scrape off the glue.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 3:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The one I bought just peeled right off. It might help if you just put a little heat to it and went nice and slow.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Go buy a wall paper scratcher and scratch it all. Then take a spray bottle with water and a tbs of fabric softener and spray liberally. Once it is wet, let it sit for a couple of minutes and peel off. It is really easy. I would also make sure you buy a plastic scraper for any tough pieces.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• IF ITS REALLY HARD THEY MAKE THESE STEAMERS AND YOU USE THAT AND A SCRAPPER YOU CAN ALSO USE A BLOW DRYER TO HEAT THE GLUE BEHIND IT AND IT SHOULD PEELL RIGHT OFF! GL
    Anonymous