You live in an apartment,your not giving your child the best.

DH and myself are looking at surrogates & we had one tell us despite living in a good community,near parks,schools & we are educated,hardworking people that..
We are depriving our child of a good life because he/she would grow up in an apartment even though we have a large three bedroom this is not like an actual home.
That the child will not be able to run around or play outside so we are limiting it's growing potential.
No offense but being brought up in a home does not say your life will be good.
It is the parents & what they give a child which should be more than a house but a home full of love,safety & opportunitues.
From school events,hobbies,library,going to the park,riding bikes & so on.
However,i guess only those who own a house are good parents versus the rest of us.
I can't believe the ignorance,not like i'm judging her over certain material things to carry our baby.She says she does it as Gods work,please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• OMG living in apartment doesnt make anyone a bad parent or doesnt mean their children arent getting the best. I live in one and they have all they need. I live across the street from the park and we go there everyday its not raining. AS long as the child is well cared for, feed, clothed and loved they are getting all the things they need.
    Anonymous

• That is bull. My EX told me that too but it was over my mobile home. It was a VERY large double wide 4 bedroom and he said he would win in court because he lives in a house and that is better.

I hate how stupid some people can be!
    Anonymous

• you can still take the kid outside and grow plants in containers for gardening, and there is always parks for them to ride bikes in.
    Anonymous

• wow.

the type of dwelling does NOT make a home.

home is where your family, the ones you LOVE are.

I don't live in an apartment, but friends do and their kids are perfectly normal.

heck some of the apartment kids have the MOST awesome resident rooms to use, pools, exercise etc...I'm jealous!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• lol wow the things people say are just so stupid!!!
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• So any kid who lives in a home is better off..please she needs her head checked.Kids get removed all the time from parents that hurt or neglect kids them.It is not where they live but how they live.
    Anonymous

• Every apartment I have ever had was bigger than my house. I can't wait to sell it and go back to an apartment!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 6:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Sooo inner city New Yorkers shouldn't have kids either?
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 6:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Many apartments can be as good if not better than a house so her views are warped on what actually is good for a child like love,safety,support,education and so on.
    Anonymous

OP HERE: Nope.I told her our apartment is in the suburbs of an average sized community on a safe street with parks,schools and that did not matter.
    Anonymous