cio or sleep lady shuffle?

trying to put an end to co sleeping, which has worked better for you crying it out or the sleep lady shuffle> i am going it alone my husband it in navy and out of town for the next 3 weeks trying to get this well underway before he gets home... really dreading it... oh daughter is 14 months old

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we had to let our daughter CIO for a few nights to get her used to sleeping in her bed in her room by herself. the first night she cried for 5 minutes then stopped and went to sleep. we stuck with it for 4 or 5 nights in a row and each night she cried less and less until now she barely fusses when we shut the door and kiss her good night. you have to put them in their bed when they are tired enough to sleep but not over tired where they'll just stay up and scream and cry. our daughter's bedtime is at 8 and she sleeps until 12:30 or 1 when she wakes up for a drink of water and then goes back to sleep until 7:30. for a week or so i ended up having to sleep in her room with her for half the night from 1:30 to 7:30 but i missed sleeping with my husband. we're just now getting her to sleep by herself for the whole night... good luck, letting the CIO is hard but for us it worked!
    1wildchild

Answer by 1wildchild at 12:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I got my son out of my bed with a crib right next to my bed. He never cried cause I touched him the whole time and he didn't realize we weren't sleeping together. I slowly moved him away from me and he cried a little the 4th night (I couldn't touch him any more) but it wasn't for long and then he was fine!!

You should try that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2010