cio or sleep lady shuffle>

trying to put an end to co sleeping, which has worked better for you crying it out or the sleep lady shuffle> i am going it alone my husband it in navy and out of town for the next 3 weeks trying to get this well underway before he gets home... really dreading it... oh daughter is 14 months old

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Good luck! DD was in her bed @ 6 wks.
    Anonymous

• Try the no cry sleep solution book
    or try this idea from me LOL.. put the crib in your room and put her to sleep in the crib in your room then after like a week move the bed closer and closer to the other side and then finally out to her room--- make sure you do this over like a 2 month period dont rush it chnage is hard when you are 14 months old-- ok one last thought dont fret this she wont be in you bed when she is 30 :)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Putting a crib next to your bed is really really really going to help you. You can start moving the crib and it won't change her sleep environment. Initially, you can have the side off (attach it to the bed for safety) and you can rub her, but keep her in that space. Then, you can put the rail back up. Since it is only you, I would really think a gradual transition that allows you to be in bed and not listening to crying is going to be best. You want to be fresh for the day so you can cuddle her and make sure she knows nights are still safe.

My other suggestion might be to put her straight into a double bed, mattress on the floor. This is what we did with my dd at 20 months, and she did so great. Daddy slept with her for 3 nights, then stayed while she fell asleep for maybe 4. There was absolutely no crying.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Also, the sleep lady seems to be cio, although she calls it "protesting". I got a few e-mails from her, and I was so disgusted. She blamed the baby for causing marital problems, because the husband was upset the baby wasn't sleeping through the night. No, he's a douche who needs to grow up and help take care of the baby without leaving it to mom all night. Sorry, but that lady ticks me off. :)

whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Neither. Get a crib with a co-sleeper and slowly move crib/baby away from you. It's the best way.
    Anonymous

• Never heard of the sleep lady. There is a FANTASTIC method that WORKS on drjaygordon.com...search the site for "sleep" and BE PATIENT. It won't happen in a night, maybe not even in a week...but be consistent and it WILL happen.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2010