outside

Ok I want 2 take my oldest outside since it going 2 b real nice my second son is only a week old will it b bad 2 take him outside

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 6:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no not bad at all,outside can be fun,just boundle him up with a hat and something on his feet,i wouldnt keep him out anymore then 5 or 10 minutes though
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• breastfeeding? if you are its ok if youre not I would wait until after 3 month old shots
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• No. Just dress him appropriately for the weather. Make sure he's covered from the sun and he should be fine. It is okay that he gets some sun as it is healthy for him. Just don't overexpose him. Otherwise it should be fine if you've dressed him appropriately for the weather. Have fun!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• go ahead! just dress the youngest for the weather! if it's warm but perhaps a cool wind, put on a long sleeved shirt and some socks. fresh air is good for all ages!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• breastfeeding has nothing to do with taking your kid out for a walk or not!! Just dress him appropriately for the weather and enjoy!!

Anonymous

• It depends on where you live. It's 80 where I live.

In general a new mom and baby should still be in bed nursing and relaxing a week after birth. For all the moms that say that's crazy, I say that may be why you weren't able to nurse your baby for a year. Let someone else play with your older child.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't advise putting on sunblock at that young of an age but do make sure he isn't out in the direct sun. Use a sunhat, light long sleeve clothing, sit in the shade, etc. Otherwise, go ahead and have fun.

I have to disagree with Anon :22. The first week we did stay in quite a bit because my daughter had jaundice and we had her on bili-lights at home. But after she was off the lights, we ran errands and went for walks and just continued to go about our lives without being hermits. She's 7.5 months and we've never had any problems breastfeeding. IMO, getting out of the house has nothing to do with breastfeeding success or failure.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010