what would you do? Or handle this?

What would you do if you found out your child was transgender? How would you handle it? My husband and I had this talk a few nights back and he's all okay for our daughter wanting to be a boy if it happen but not okay for our son wanting to be a girl. said if he found out your son was transgender he'll kick him out of the house (if he was older) or give him to the state (if he was younger) Our children are both under 2 so my husband doesnt need to worry anytime soon if our children are transgender or not. In my opinion I let my children live the life they wanted if they wanted to be the other sex I'll let them. I love my children and want them to be happy. I won't force them to be who they really aren't. I'll accept my children either way. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's pretty sexist of your husband. It's a nasty double standard he's got going on there.

I have no qualms with a person, even my own child, being transgendered. They can be gay, any religion they want, living in a mud hut ontop of a hill, whatever makes them happy. The only lifestyle I would have an issue with is one that harms themselves or others. Aside from that I would learn about their lifestyle and find acceptance if I need to. My children's happiness is most important to me. My parents taught me to be accepting of others for exactly what they are. Some things you don't choose and some things you can't change. I believe that if my child felt he was a girl instead of a boy, that's something he didn't choose and couldn't change. So if he wants to be that, he'll be that.

My husband would be the one to leave if he couldn't accept our children. Period. He'd either accept it and love them or get out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• OP HERE: Forgot to add what would you do if your SO wasnt okay with it? I told my husband I'll choice our children over what he wants. I said he wont kick out children out that he'll be the one to leave if he cant accept our children for who they are or choice he's discomfort over he's childs happiness.
    Anonymous

• I would have a very hard time getting over those comments. And you can be damn sure he would go and not my child. Our children are who they are, love them unconditionally.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Would he also kick him out if he were gay?
    gramsmom

• OP HERE YES HE"LL KCICK HIM OUT IF HE WAS GAY. he's doesnt hate gays, lisbiens or transgenders he's just not comfortable around them.
    Anonymous