Is it possible to have a miscarriage and not even know?

A few months ago my period was a bit late. I had put some toilet paper in my underwear just in case it came in the middle of the night. i woke up one morning and the toilet papers was soaked with clear liquid. Could it have been a sex dream? before my period came I had excruciating cramps and my back felt like some one was putting hot bricks on it and then later that night when my period came It was extremely heavy. Usually my first day is extremely light and my period doesn't get heavy until the second day but that time I was changing tampons every two hours for about 10 hours. At one point what I thought was a blood clot coming out turned out to be this light pinkish tissue. By the next day I was leaking what looked like old brown blood and by the third day it was completely gone. Is it possible to have a miscarriage and not know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Health

• Yes, it's totally possible. Many women have probably had one and not realised it just thinking that their period was late and heavy.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• u know i experienced the EXACT same thing as u....many people tell me that it was most likely a miscarriage....but i guess u never know.....and it is defnately possible to have a miscarriage very early on in the pregnancy and not even know it
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Yes it happened to me
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yes, it happens alot.... but if it's early on you just assume it's your period.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I've read that the average american woman has 2 miscarriages in her lifetime, and most of them, are just like you described where it's so early, the woman never even knew she was pregnant.
    Anonymous