No one can pull you up and out but others CAN play a roll

So I need to loose weight and I need to get in a better mood.... so basically I need to exercise. So I booked friends to walk with me. I figure if I ask one-two friends to walk every day then I will be committed to walking.

anyone else try this method? Any success?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't have any friends near enough to help me out that way, but it sounds like a good idea. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• nope..but i dont have anywhere to walk i live int eh country so the only walking i do is doing yard work to many crazy people driving down my dirt road to walk on it..but i do register my workouts daily on a workout log online..i can even get friends to workout with me via the site..plus i have a chance to win $500 a day too.. so great
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 9:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Hi! I have tried to walk with friends over the lunch hour, but honestly, I didn't enjoy it.

What I DID enjoy was buying an MP3 player and putting on my favorite songs with a good walking beat. I am telling you ~ it is the BEST hour I have ever spent with myself!

You might also want to try a pedometer for extra motivation and work towards that magic # of 10,000 steps, but any amount of steps will be a benefit to your body.

The walk will definately increase your mood, an overall calm and hopefully it is THAT feeling that you strive for on a daily basis. I hope you'll give it a try, if so, would love to hear back from you! Good Luck!

Terri
    mscaramelle

Answer by mscaramelle at 2:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• see if there is a first strides program in your area. It was great for me. It is a binch of women, on a walking/running program training for the same goal. I met my current workout buddies 3 yrs ago and still wilth it now
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2010