How to control a 2 and 3 yr old from fighting?

My daughter and my bestfriends daughter ALWAYS fight. From pushing to biting to fighting over toys. Its nonstop! We tried different things like time outs and taking away all there toys and nothing works. They also fight when they are outside. They live in happy environments with lots of love. How do we make them stop fighting?

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 8:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would keep up with the time outs. It is something you have to do EVERY time, not just sometimes for it to be effective.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Consistancy is key. Do time outs.
    I'm going through the same thing. But in my case it's brothers so it is non stop constant fighting. I have to seperate them and it still doesn't always work.
    Kids fight though. Sometimes they gotta work it out by themselves..
    PhatAttack

Answer by PhatAttack at 11:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2010

• tell ya what, you tell me how to keep a 2 year old and 5 year old from fighting and ill tell you to keep a 2 year old and a 3 year old from fighting. as far as i know they will always fight, even as adults. they may not be physical in the end, but they will always fight. i have a sister who thinks she knows everything and gets her feelings hurt way too easy even though she can insult me and mine and im not supposed to get mad, so i dont think it ever stops, i think it just calms down eventually. (my parents were consistant, i aways got in trouble for starting it, even if i didnt, i got in trouble for starting it)
    Anonymous

• you could try not doing anything about it. they are learning social and communication skills and letting them work things out with a personality that conflicts with their own is a good thing. don't get involved and discipline, and when they start tattling just tell them to work it out.

Anonymous