IS A D/C NEEDED???

I BEEN TOLD BY MY OB DR. TO COME BACK IN 6 WEEKS, AFTER MY MISCARRIAGE...IM A LITTLE NERVOUS, WILL THEY BE DOING A D/C???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had two miscarriages and just like after a full term pregnancy, they had me come back after 6 weeks for a regular pap and post pregnancy checkup. Chances are if you needed a D&C they would have already done it. However, if your hcg level is still not at zero, they may do an ultrasound at your appointment and see if there is anything that did not come out. I did not have to have one with either miscarriage so just be sure to ask a lot of questions! I am sorry you had to experience this loss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If your body did not complete the miscarriage on its own then yes they will have to.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• If they don't and there's still remenents it can cause ALOT of problems. Including affecting future pregnancies or even a uterine infection (although not sure how common that is).
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i believe that dr's rush into this, and overplay the negative outcomes. ask your dr., what could happen if i do nothing? what is the worst that could happen? what could go wrong? personally, i would not do one.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010