bad attitude help.......

Iam a SAHM my daughter is turning 2 next month. I am at my breaking point with her...What do other moms do to get there toddlers to listeN? My daughter will run from me when I want to come here, when I pick her up she throws a fit in my arms and slaps me or pinches my cheeks. She tells me no, she screams. I go to the YMCA for my sanity and so she can get some interaction with other kids...recently we were invited to a BBQ at our friends and there were kids her age there. She didn't act very nicely she was pushing and pulling there hair. My daughter IS a very hyperactive lil one prolly more than others but I am so ashamed of her behavior I feel like I am doing my job ALL WRONG. I do dissaplain her when she acts out I have tried the spanking the gentle voice, the calming her down and then talking...the only thing that seems to work when i stick to it is the spanking and raising my voice at her.

tinkerbellma21

Asked by tinkerbellma21 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Congratulations, you have a toddler!
    Anonymous

• thankyou I am well aware of that...
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i don't see other kids act out the way my daughter does on a normal basis everyone tells me its a phase she goes through...well what can i do to help the situation go more smoother for both of us ...there are times i just wish i wasnt a mom :(
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Hang in there, mamma. Have you talked to your Dr about having her tested for anything?
    Anonymous

• no she has her apt in april...what do u mean tested for something?
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• like what
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• You said she's very hyperactive.... ADHD, autism. Not saying she has those, just an idea.
    Anonymous

• i am going through something similar with my dd who is 22 months. Im hoping that its just the age! Maybe now that the weather is getting nicer we can all get our kids out to run off some of their negative energy! :)
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I am going through this with my 13 month old but add in biting on top of it. Patience is the key! If I find something that works with us, I will let you know. Hang in there!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2010