First Holy Communion coming up...

First question: What types of gifts should I get for my daughter? I got a Mass book, but from my understanding the Mass responses will change in the next year. I am thinking a white purse with a rosary.

Second question: My in laws are not Catholic. Should I invite them to celebrate this moment with us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My in-laws are not Catholic either and I did invite them to my children'ts first commuion - they were able to come to one and not the other (they live out-of-town).. I did make sure that they understood about only Catholics receiving Communion. We had a small get-together afterwards which was nice. We gave my daughter a nice cross necklace and a bible. She also received rosary beads and a nice memory box. The memory box is nice because we put the candle she received and her veil in it as a keepsake. Congratulations!
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 8:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I like the Rosary idea, I'm thinking that's probably the route we are going to go when my children reach that point. My parents are not Catholic, and neither is my MIL, (in fact they aren't religious at all) and we still invite them to anything special like that for our children. They like to support them, even if they don't actually go to Mass, they do something special for them to show them that they understand what it means to them and that's it's a special event for them. So personally, yes I'd invite the in-laws.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 8:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I got my kids a rosary that was in a cute box. I would invite the in-laws if you think they would want to come, My in-laws are not Catholic but we invited them.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2010