See what increasing the tax burden on companies does?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2011453132_boeing27.htm...

By increasing the tax burden on companies in tight markets they are required to cut benefits to be competitive.

Something Obama would have known if he had ever run a for profit business.

or maybe that was the plan all along it has to be one or the other sheer ignorance or corrupt,evil calculation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2011453132_boeing27.html 

What is your take? ignorance? corrupt calculation?

Anonymous

• By increasing the tax burden on companies in tight markets they are required to cut benefits to be competitive.

LOL Really? Thats just the excuse they're giving us! We saw a decrease in prices when Bush gave tax breaks?
    Face it, big business is out for themselves G R E E D !
    Anonymous

• As much as I would like to say it is pure stupidity it's not. It's calculated and while I don't think you can call it corrupt it does seem the totally wrong thing to do When businesses lay off it gives this administration more power. Look at the fact that the several companies that have voiced opinions on what will happen in their company that they have been summoned to congress to prove what they think and to be berated by congress. Make them fear government and they will behave. But even so, the more people out of work the easier it is for a socialist way of life to be ushered in by Obama and company. His thoughts are let those bad guys be mean and I will come in and rescue everyone causing an allegiance in his favor. People have to wake up and smell the coffee. The next step is finacial regulation, immigration and amnesty and then cap and trade and on and on.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I read the article, and the benefit cuts are not what I would call drastic. I can see how the union folks would disagree, but seriously, $500 deductible, a traditional 80/20 payment, raise in co-pays, dental bennies reduced to $1000, short-term disability cut to 60%. Yeah, it sucks that these employees are not going to have the super duper plan they used to have, but it doesn't seem to be out of line with what others get.

Now, whether it is stupidity or calculated greed, I think BOTH!! I think he had NO CLUE, but then when he was informed of what it would do, he saw no reason to change course. After all, uncle Barry knows best, even when he knows nothing at all.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• WHY DO YOU THINK COMPANIES PLAN TO MOVE OVERSEAS LIKE AT&T AND SEVERAL OTHER COMPANIES?WE WILL BE LOSING MORE JOBS BECAUSE OF THE HEALTH CARE PLAN AND MORE TAXES.OBAMA ISN'T INTERESTED IN JOB GROWTH.HE WOULD RATHER DESTROY AMERICA THATS BEEN HIS PLAN ALL ALONG TO BANKRUPT AMERICA.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• LOL Really? Thats just the excuse they're giving us! We saw a decrease in prices when Bush gave tax breaks?

My company had more then $300,000 in sales last year. I am going to be raising prices and I have already cut benefits..making some of my employees contract labor instead of regular employees. I am doing this to meet the increase in state and federal taxes. Am I greedy. If you automatically answer yes then you are an idiot because you have no clue what my company does.

I get so tired of people like this. The BIG companies, you know the corporations...they aren't owned by a few individuals. They are owned by hundreds or thousands of people through SHARES. Pensions on stock in companies. Heck my Mom worked minimum wage most of her life and she owns stock in several companies. Are these PEOPLE greedy? Geesh, get some education!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Where Boeing is concerned, I don't really think it has anything to do with Obama. Boeing has been trying to cut benefits for the majority of it's employees for years and years. The only reason they haven't been very successful is because the Unions actually fight FOR the workers. This is just the latest excuse. It's all corporate greed and if you don' t think so, take a good look at the bonuses Boeing pays it's top excutives while cutting benefits to their employees.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 3:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2010