Do you believe in talking to the already deceased?

I would like to speak to my deceased grandmother.
I know some people are able to channel spirits. How do you go about doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• According to Scripture the dead are shown to be “conscious of nothing at all” and the death state to be one of complete inactivity. (Ec 9:5, 10; Ps 146:4) Those dying are described as going into “the dust of death” (Ps 22:15), becoming “impotent in death.” (Pr 2:18; Isa 26:14) In death there is no mention of God or any praising of him. (Ps 6:5; Isa 38:18, 19) In both the Hebrew and the Greek Scriptures, death is likened to sleep, a fitting comparison not only because of the unconscious condition of the dead but also because of the hope of an awakening through the resurrection. (Ps 13:3; Joh 11:11-14) The resurrected Jesus is spoken of as “the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death.”—1Co 15:20, 21
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I talk to lost loved ones all the time, but I do not expect an answer back. Sorry to not be of help.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I talk to my MawMaw all of the time- but I dont think she hears me

sorry I dont know about waht u r asking though- sounds kinda scary to me
    Anonymous

• I odn't believe this is possible. I believe there are a lot of intuitive people that tell you what you want ot hear(determined by a series of questions they ask meant to gather information while fooling you).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• lol anonymous... I talk to my dead animals lol ... I dont summon there spirits or nothin tho.
    Anonymous

• I know, the thought does sound scary,lol. But I really miss her and would like to just talk to her at least once more.I feel her around me sometimes. I wish I could know what she wants to say.
    That sounds crazy, even to me,lol. But I know that there are people out there that really do believe in this and I'd like to give it a try.
    Anonymous

• I just talk I don't expect an answer though I do believe it is possible for some to do so.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Could you pm me. I have a story I would like to share with you, but not on the public board. I won't reveal you to anyone.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• i wouldn't suggest channeling spirits since once that channel is open you have no control over who or what comes out (evil spirits, demons, etc.) but i do talk to my mom alot. it just makes me feel better to talk to her again and tell her i miss her and i just hope she can hear me....
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I don't "channel" spirits, at least not in the way you are talking about. I can talk to them sometimes, but not everyone "speaks" when I ask. I will make one recommendation, though. Try to remember your dreams. Lots of times that how spirits communicate with us.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2010