how to get your boyfriend to propose

me and my boyfriend have been together for little over 8 years, we have a 3 year old little girl together, we have been through everthing from lossing our house and moving in with family to having both our familys fighting and we were in the middle of everything to having all kinds of money, we have all of our bills,cars and the house in our names and our little girl was diagnsis with dealy disease and still were together,i thought most people wouldnt stay together from all what we been through but we have, dosent that mean something, we complete each other, when were apart were lost, we allways take about getting married and he did give me a ring right after high school when i left for college,but i have been out of school for a year now , we have the money, i just dont know what he is waiting on, i want to get married one day i just dont want to be 40 when i do, what do i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Why don't you just talk about it or ask him straight out?
    Anonymous

• Talk to him about what you just posted here. You cannot force someone to propose to you. You want them to ask willlingly and because he wants to be married to you not because you pushed him to propose.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• yeah tell him about how you feel and how important it is to you. I think guys think things change when you get married, and they do...but it's not bad if your dedicated to your other half!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• are you sure he's not already married? it happens-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• maybe act like you don't want a proposal. when I was in my 20s I decided I wasn't interested in that sort of thing- racked up about 4 proposals before I accepted my husbands!
    Anonymous

• I have came out and asked him why, when , but he allways says he wants to give me the wedding i deserve but its sounds nice and everything but after you hear it for about 2 years it gets old, really fast, i just dont want my little girl to ask me why dont mommy have daddy and her last name-my neice did that to my brother-
    Anonymous

• Can you ask him to marry you?
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 9:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Nothing you can do really. He has to have the desire to marry you. Words don't mean a thing if they're not acted upon. You shouldn't have to beg a man to marry you. He will not make any excuses if it's something he felt he wanted to do.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I am of the mind that if he doesnt propose on his own then that means he doesnt want to marry me.

However, seeing that you have been through so much AND already have a child with out being married......... might as well just go with the flow. But I would start getting things in writting so you dont get screwed if he leaves.
    Anonymous

• YOU propose to HIM. This is the 21st century. You are allowed to ask. If he says no, then you need to decide on your next step. Mine would be to move out.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2010