Do you believe that some times...

extreme religious veiws can turn into racism?

I believe it can depending on th indivisual. I have seen it many times. Wiccans are evil. Muclims are terrorists. Exc. Not my veiws by the way just things I see that make me sick.

rac·ism
   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1.
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
4
discrimination against sex, race, religion, exc.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• actually prejudice, animosity, bigotry, etc, would be more fitting words.. racism is generally applied a more specific form of bigotry (racism : 1932 as a noun, 1938 as an adjective, from race (n.2); racism is first attested 1936 (from Fr. racisme, 1935), originally in the context of Nazi theories. But they replaced earlier words, racialism (1907) and racialist (1917), both often used at first in a British or South African context.)

I have however seen religion used to justify racism.. see history of KKK... or history of Hitler, and so on and so forth. It's not right at all.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I believe there are a lot of mean people that like to throw around names. I believe in judging myself and letting the Father judge others. I believe if a person is a racist it is not my job to diagnose or call them that.
    Anonymous

• of course. extreme religious views can turn into alot of hateful and disgusting things.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• racism is hate towards someone else or something...
    who said racism was created by God though? It's a man made thing. God is not a racist.
    Anonymous

• who said racism was created by God though? It's a man made thing. God is not a racist.

That is not the question I never said it was god made or man made. I said extreme religious views can turn into racism. Not that god is racist.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I don't know if I would say Extremism in religion can turn into racism but I have seen it used as an excuse to justify racism and other forms of discrimination

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

That is not the question
    ___

but that is the question SHE is asking.
    Anonymous

• I think it can. however, there is a difference between believing something is a sin, seeing/knowing someone lives in that sin every day, and disapproving. Whether it is lies, gossip, or homosexuality (some think so others don't... that's not the debate here). As long as you don't treat those people with disrespect or try to kick them out of your business or segregate or whatever, then whatever. The problem is when a group of people or a person is treated poorly and belittled.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• but that is the question SHE is asking.

Then she can post her own question!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Then she can post her own question!
    __

yes she CAN but no she doesn't HAVE to
    Anonymous